Those who make videos will consider drones to be a blessing because some of the most fascinating and stunning visuals can be captured by the cameras on drones. Remarkable footage of car chases, nature and magnificent landscapes which have become an integral part of videos today are all due to the drones that have become ubiquitous in filmmaking.
The quality of video that was previously available from the drone cameras was not the best but nowadays drone cameras are 4K and bring to you some of the most stunning images in crystal clear clarity. So which is the Ideal drone for making videos?
Features of an Ideal drone for videos
- The drone must be lightweight and have an aerodynamic design so that it can cruise across the sky seamlessly and capture stable pictures.
- They must have a minimum flying time of 30 minutes and a large range and ability to maneuver obstacles.
- You must look for a 4K HD camera or higher for high-quality visuals that are crisp.
- A gimbal is a must to hold the camera steady as the drone steadily pursues its object and takes sudden twists and turns; ideally, a 3 axis gimbal will do the work.
- GPS to track the drone and bring it back home.
Filmmakers favorite drone
One drone that is used extensively in filmmaking is the DJI Phantom 4 because of its range, battery life and the ability to capture some of the most astonishing visuals ever. It has all the prerequisites stated above along with a built-in video editor which can be used to edit your videos by adding music and text.
There are several other quadcopters and hexacopters priced steeply and with more advanced features.
You cannot use an ordinary drone for filming because these gadgets are devised exclusively to meet the demands of high-quality video.…